Getting CMMI Certified in Los Angeles, California (CA)
Most of the organizations face common problems in this world of development. Do you want to improve your processes to produce better products and services? The solution to these problems is getting CMMI Certification for your company. Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) is a training and certification program that aims to improve the processes in a company and improve the quality and performance of products and services.
It was developed by (SEI) and is currently administered and marketed by Carnegie Mellon University (CMU). As required by many DoD and Government Programs for contracts like software development, CMMI has become one of the essential tools for guiding process improvement across a project’s work or organization.
Types of CMMI Models
Presently there are three CMMI models:
- CMMI for Development of Software Products and Services (CMMI-DEV)
- CMMI for Services Establishment, Management and Delivery (CMMI-SVC)
- CMMI for Acquisition of Products and Services (CMMI-ACQ)
Categorizations of CMMI Processes
CMMI Processes can be further categorized based on two criteria:
- Maturity Level Wise
- Category Wise
Maturity Level Wise Categorization
Based on the extent of maturity, organizations can be categorized into the maturity level using the following criteria:
- Level 1: Initial
Processes are unpredictable, poorly controlled, and reactive.
- Level 2: Managed
Processes to be done are characterized depending upon the project and are often reactive.
- Level 3: Defined
Processes are characterized according to the standards of the organization and are proactive.
- Level 4: Quantitatively Managed
Processes are measured and controlled.
- Level 5: Optimizing
In this level, the focus is done on improving and optimizing processes to improve the performance of the company.
Category-wise process areas have been divided into the following four categories:
- Integrated Project Management (IPM)
- Project Monitoring and Control (PMC)
- Project Planning (PP)
- Quantitative Project Management (QPM)
- Requirements Management (REQM)
- Risk Management (RSKM)
- Supplier Agreement Management (SAM)
- Product Integration (PI)
- Requirements Development (RD)
- Technical Solution (TS)
- Validation (VAL)
- Verification (VER)
- Organizational Performance Management (OPM)
- Regulatory Process Definition (OPD)
- Organizational Process Focus (OPF)
- Organizational Process Performance (OPP)
- Organizational Training (OT)
- Causal Analysis and Resolution (CAR)
- Configuration Management (CM)
- Decision Analysis and Resolution (DAR)
- Measurement and Analysis (MA)
- Process and Product Quality Assurance (PPQA)
To get detailed knowledge of each category and its further characterization, give us a call and discuss it with our experts.
Why is CMMI Certification needed?
Getting CMMI Certification can have many positive impacts on your organization. All large and small companies of Los Angeles, California (CA) can benefit from CMMI Certification. Some of the benefits are:
- Certification helps you to become a better organization
- Certification improves the quality of your processes, products, and services. It also helps organizations to save time and money.
- Certification provides customers more business value and increases your organization’s brand value.
- Helps increase communication among the employees of the organization.
- Improvement in management visibility and oversight of program execution.
- Presents a practical framework for planning and executing the programs and processes.
- It helps bring competition among other organizations and disciplines in program execution.
Taking notice of all the benefits, you should now call us and book our services.